Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Sunday

The church acrros the street from our apartment is a very busy church, it seems there is always something going on especially during holy week. This was taking place Easter unday afternoon and reminded me of the CWL suppers. Lots of food, lots of people and even live music. The first picture is of the band that was providing the entertainment.


This is part of the crowd.
And this is where they got their food.

All during the week before easter, all the altars and statues in the churches were covered with purple cloth, something I cn vaguely remeber happening when I was a child. I knew that they woudl be all uncovered Easter unday morning so I did about a 10 block walk to 6 churches and took photos of the altars and the abundance of flowers that adorned then. Mass was happening in some of them so I could not get too close so just click on them to enlarge them to get more detail.





















No comments: